Bandsaw Blades for Metal
Bi-Metal Bandsaw Blades
Bandsaw Blades for Cutting Metal
We have 2 band saw blade materials most ideal for ferrous metal cutting, they are:
Bi-Metal bandsaw blades M42 – The workhorses of the metal cutting industry, these blades are a combination of hardened M42 teeth and tool steel in combination with a fatigue resistant backer. Excellent on difficult to machine solids and heavy walled structures. For medium to heavy production machines.
Bi-Metal Matrix – Popular in maintenance and small fabricating shops, the matrix blades are for general purpose cutting of materials with easy to moderate machinability. For small to medium size bandsaws.
Here are some common applications along with appropriate bi-metal bandsaw blade selection to help guide you:
- Steel cutting on small or portable bandsaw – use 10-14 variable pitch
- Steel Tube – use 6-10, 8-12, 10-14 variable pitch
- Steel Solid – use 6-10, 5-8, 4-6 variable pitch
- Steel Sheet – use 8-12 or 10-14 variable pitch
- Aluminum Sheet – use 8 TPI to 10 TPI
- Aluminum Pipe – use 6 TPI or 8 TPI
- Aluminum Solid – use 6 TPI or coarser depending on thickness
We make your bandsaw blade to order Build It!
There are no products to list in this category.