TITEBOND COLD PRESS VENEER
Titebond Cold Press for Veneer is a high-quality, economical alternative to contact cement for large-scale bonding of veneers to flat surfaces. It is specifically formulated for cold press laminating of wood to solid woods, particleboard, MDF, plywood and other porous materials. Titebond Cold Press offers a moderate speed of set, a translucent glue line and contains none of the harmful or corrosive fumes typical of most contact cements. It also prevents bleed-through on open-grained and unbacked wood veneers.
- APPLICATION TEMPERATURE:
- Above 50°F.
- OPEN ASSEMBLY TIME:
- 15 minutes (70°F./50% RH)
- TOTAL ASSEMBLY TIME:
- 15-20 minutes (70°F./50%RH)
- MINIMUM REQUIRED SPREAD :
- Approximately 6 mils or 250 square feet per gallon
- REQUIRED PRESSURE APPLICATION :
- 100-250 psi, depending on substrates
- METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- For most consistent coverage a mechanical spreader is recommended.
- Damp cloth while glue is wet. Scrape off and sand dried excess.
- Titebond Cold Press for Veneer is specifically designed for veneering and is not suited for other types of assembly applications. Not recommended for exterior use or where moisture is likely. Do not use when temperature, glue or materials are below 50°F. Freezing may not affect the function of the product but may cause it to thicken. Agitation should restore product to original form. Read MSDS before use. NOTE: STIR PRODUCT BEFORE USE TO ENSURE UNIFORMITY. KEEP FROM FREEZING.
BOND STRENGTH ASTM D-905 (ON HARD MAPLE)